McDonalds Death Blamed on Soda Fountain

A gas leak emanating from a soda fountain is being blamed for the carbon dioxide poisoning that sickened 9 people and killed a woman in a Georgian McDonalds last week.

Police learned that a leak in the line used to pump carbonation into the sodas was to blame for the build-up. Firefighters were called to the restaurant after two women were found passed out in the women’s restroom where the gas concentration had grown so great it was impossible to blame. Eight other people where then also taken to the hospital and treated.  Eighty-year-old Anne Felton of Ponte Vedra, Fla., died the next day.

“At this point we don’t anticipate criminal charges,” Pooler Police Chief Mark Revenew said. “It just appears to be a mistake.”

OSHA however is currently investigating potential charges of employee workplace safety violations.

(Source: Huffington Post)

Posted in blog Tagged , , , ,