Alabama is a state that is rich in the culinary traditions of the south. From BBQ to fresh gulf seafood, the chefs working in Alabama have an exciting range of flavors and cuisines to experiment with. If you have ever dreamed of dedicating your life to making wonderful food, consider attending an Alabama culinary school. Major metropolitan areas like Mobile, Birmingham, and Montgomery offer easy access to Alabama culinary schools. As a student you will be exposed to a world of flavors filtered through a distinctly southern approach to cooking. Many Alabama chef schools offer both in person and online courses making it easier than ever for you to start your culinary adventure.
As an Alabama culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Alabama:
- Average annual salary: $21,110
- Currently employed: 13,180
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alabama Culinary Schools Enrolling Now