When people think of Arizona they often think only of cactus filled desserts. But the metropolitan areas of Phoenix, Tuscon, and Flagstaff are vibrant cities filled with culture, arts, and amazing restaurants. If you have ever thought about becoming a chef, consider attending an Arizona culinary school to obtain your degree. You will learn about flavors and cuisines from around the world, but being from Arizona there is sure to be a heavy emphasis on the bold flavors of Mexico. Spicy chilies, rich sauces, and flavorful meats are the hallmarks of one of the world’s favorite food cultures. Arizona culinary schools incorporate Latin flavors and influences into every aspect of the curriculum. Choose from in person or online classes and begin your adventure through the cuisines of the Southwest today.
As an Arizona culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Arizona:
- Currently employed: 21,010
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Arizona Culinary Schools Enrolling Now