Arkansas is not known as a culinary Mecca. But in the absence of national attention, a number of exciting chefs and restaurants have set up shop in places like The Ozarks and Little Rock. Surrounded by stunning natural beauty, ambitious chefs have found ways to combine local ingredients with international techniques to create innovative new dishes. Getting a degree from an Arkansas culinary school is the best way to experience all the exciting things going on in Arkansas’ restaurants. From the butchering of meats to the preparation of exotic sauces, an Arkansas chef school will teach you all the skills you need to begin dreaming up gourmet dishes of your own. To make it accessible to everyone, many Arkansas culinary schools offer degrees both in person and online.
As an Arkansas culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Arkansas:
- Average annual salary: $18,940
- Currently employed: 7,070
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Arkansas Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
At Remington College, we offer a variety of educational programs.
While no reputable school can guarantee employment after graduation, our programs are designed with an emphasis on helping students to prepare for entry-level employment in various career fields.
This combination of traditional teaching methods along with practical classroom experience provides an opportunity for students to apply and practice their knowledge and skills.
Not sure which program is right for you? Remington College understands that choosing a career path can be stressful for some students. That’s why we have admissions staff available to students in order to help them find an area of study that is right for them.
Some programs that may be available in your area:
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Why choose Remington College?
- Small class sizes
- Day or evening classes available in select programs
- Career focused educational programs
- Financial aid available for those who qualify