The beautiful colors of the world famous Connecticut autumn show up on both the trees and the plates of some of the state’s finest restaurants. All the delicious local, seasonal produce that the state has to offer shows up in dishes served across Connecticut. Learn to make the most of the flavors around you by attending a Connecticut culinary school. Your first step towards an exciting career in the culinary industry is to get a formal education from one of the many Connecticut culinary schools. While there, you will learn to select ingredients, expertly prepare them, and craft them into delicious dishes that will wow restaurant customers. Restauranteurs know that graduates of Connecticut chef schools have the skills they need to handle the high pressure environment of the kitchen. Consider both online and in-person program options and start working towards your new career today.
As a Connecticut culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Connecticut:
- Average annual salary: $27,130
- Currently employed: 8,270
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Connecticut Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.