Deep within the lush forests of New England lie some of the country’s best restaurants. Delaware is a hidden culinary gem that has attracted top notch chefs for years. If you want to start a rewarding new career in the culinary arts, consider attending a Delaware culinary school. You will work with professional chefs who can give you hands on training in all the recipes, techniques, ingredients, and equipment you will need to have a successful culinary career of your own. With programs available in Dover, and Wilmington, there is a Delaware culinary school that is convenient to you no matter where you live. Once you graduate you will be on the radar of restauranteurs across the state. Find the Delaware culinary school that is right for you and be sure to consider both online and in person learning opportunities.
As a Delaware culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Delaware:
- Average annual salary: $23,190
- Currently employed: 3,880
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Delaware Culinary Schools Enrolling Now