Florida is known for its delicious citrus fruits, but oranges and lemons are not all the state has to offer. The cuisines of Cuba are popular in Miami while southern foods shows up on dinner tables across the northern part of the state. Find out more about Florida’s flavors by attending a Florida culinary school. You will learn recipes, techniques, and professional kitchen etiquette as part of your degree from a Florida culinary school. With formal education you will be equipped to find work in one of the famous restaurants in Orlando, Tampa, and Miami. Locals and tourists alike flock to these restaurants year round thanks to Florida’s beautiful weather. If you are thinking of attending a Florida culinary school, look into both online and in-person degree programs today.
As a Florida culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $23,790
- Currently employed: 76,900
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Florida Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
Keiser University Advantage
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
- Day, Evening, and Online Classes
- Financial Aid to Those Who Qualify
- Job Placement Assistance Available
- Military-friendly, scholarships for qualified active duty personnel, Veterans, and dependants. Yellow Ribbon program participant, approved for Veterans training
Programs and delivery format vary by campus. Courses are subject to change.
Keiser University’s programs and curriculum remain in-line with technology and workforce trends, helping you develop the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Our career-focused programs make it possible for you to graduate in less time than you may think.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Florida Technical College
We pride ourselves in providing students with an exceptional learning experience through individualized instruction and subject-focused training. At FTC, all classes are limited in size to ensure personalized attention. Small class sizes allow students to obtain the hands-on training needed to feel confident in their abilities. Our individualized approach to learning is also subject-focused. Most students take one course a month which allows you to focus your energy on mastering one subject before moving on to the next.