The peach is the food that most people associate with Georgia. And while the state produces some delicious fruit, it also has a rich tradition of authentic southern cooking that extends from smoked meats to slow cooked greens. If you love the flavors of the South, consider attending a Georgia culinary school to get your degree. You will learn about the past, present, and future of cooking in Georgia and learn the skills you need to find work as a professional chef. Graduates of Georgia culinary schools regularly find work in the fancy restaurants of Atlanta, Marietta, and Savannah. Theses ambitious graduates are taking traditional ingredients and finding bold, innovative ways to prepare them. Georgia culinary schools make it easy to complete your education by offering both online and in-person educational opportunities.
As a Georgia culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Georgia:
- Average annual salary: $21,360
- Currently employed: 25,590
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Georgia Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
Keiser University Advantage
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
- Day, Evening, and Online Classes
- Financial Aid to Those Who Qualify
- Job Placement Assistance Available
- Military-friendly, scholarships for qualified active duty personnel, Veterans, and dependants. Yellow Ribbon program participant, approved for Veterans training
Programs and delivery format vary by campus. Courses are subject to change.
Keiser University’s programs and curriculum remain in-line with technology and workforce trends, helping you develop the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Our career-focused programs make it possible for you to graduate in less time than you may think.