Hawaii may be the smallest state but it is famous for its huge flavors, from bold citrus fruits to fresh fish and seafood. Hawaii is also one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. This makes it a great place for new and established chefs to find work. Join this exciting field by attending a Hawaii culinary school. You will work with knowledgeable chefs in professional kitchens to prepare some of the most sophisticated dishes ever conceived. Hawaii culinary schools offer a comprehensive education in everything edible and graduates are well equipped to find work in the restaurants and resorts of Ohau and Hololulu. Find the degree program that works for you and be sure to consider both online and in-person learning opportunities from a Hawaii culinary school.
As a Hawaii culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Hawaii:
- Average annual salary: $31,100
- Currently employed: 5,860
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Hawaii Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.