The potato seems like a humble vegetable. But any chef will tell you that it is one of the most versatile and delicious items you can use in the kitchen. Idaho produces some of the world’s finest potatoes and ambitious chefs are finding innovative ways to reinterpret this ubiquitous vegetable. If you want to put your own spin on it, consider attending an Idaho culinary school. Along with potatoes you will learn to prepare fruits, meats, sauces, breads, and desserts. Idaho culinary schools offer students a fantastic opportunity to explore the world of cooking. Even if you can barely use a microwave, an Idaho culinary school can prepare you to work in the fast paced, professional kitchens of Boise and Idaho Falls. Whether it is online or in-person, an Idaho culinary school will have a program that works for you.
As an Idaho culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Idaho:
- Average annual salary: $20,960
- Currently employed: 4,230
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Idaho Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.