Chicago is one of the country’s biggest and most exciting cities and home to some of the world’s best restaurants. But even outside of Chicago there are exciting things happening in the culinary world of Illinois. If you love to cook or dream of working in a professional kitchen, think about attending an Illinois culinary school to complete your degree. A culinary degree is a requirement for most professional chefs and the quality education you receive at an Illinois culinary school will make you a much better chef than you were before. You will learn how to select the freshest ingredients, prepare them in unique ways, and incorporate them into stunning looking dishes. Whether you live in Chicago, The Quad Cities, Naperville or somewhere else entirely, There is an Illinois culinary school that can meet your needs. Look into both online and in-person learning opportunities and take your skills to the next level.
As an Illinois culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $21,820
- Currently employed: 33,970
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.