Look past the fields of corn and you will see that Iowa has a lot of great food; from the simple but delicious meals made in farmhouse kitchens to sophisticated French dishes being produced in restaurant kitchens. Make your mark on the Iowa culinary scene by attending an Iowa culinary school today. Students will learn how to work with ingredients as humble as corn and as fancy as foie gras. With their newly acquired skills they can find work in a professional kitchen in places like Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Davenport. No matter where you live or how you like to cook there is an Iowa culinary school that can meet your needs. Consider both in-person and online learning opportunities that make it easy to get a degree from an Iowa culinary school on your own schedule.
As an Iowan culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Iowa:
- Average annual salary: $19,880
- Currently employed: 10,580
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Iowa Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.