The flavors of creole cuisines are unique to Louisiana. A potent mixture of bold spices, rich sauces, and fresh seafood, creole cooking has spread out of the state to grab the attention of restaurant customers nationwide. Join the creole tradition by attending a Louisiana culinary school. As a student you will study with professional chefs who have decades of experience working in the finest kitchens in the state. The have dedicated their lives to the flavors and dishes of Louisiana and they can prepare you to find work in cities like Baton Rouge and Jefferson Parish. Louisiana culinary schools are located across the state and many offer programs that make it more convenient that ever to get your degree. When you are selecting a Louisiana culinary school, be sure to look in to both online and in person degree programs and find the course of study that works best for you.
As a Louisiana culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $22,240
- Currently employed: 12,100
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.