Maine is famous for fresh seafood, particularly huge, succulent lobsters. But having great ingredients is only the first step. Cooking the perfect lobster is an art in and of itself. Learn this and many other techniques by attending a Maine culinary school today. You will learn how to prepare creatures from the sea, land, and sky as well as fruits, vegetables and everything in between. A degree from a Maine culinary school provides a comprehensive culinary education perfect for any aspiring chef. After graduation you might find work in one of the many restaurants in Portland or Augusta. Or go somewhere else entirely and use your expertise of seafood to dazzle prospective employers. The first step is to get your degree from a Maine culinary school. With both in person and online degree options your path to a new career is closer than ever.
As a Maine culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Maine:
- Average annual salary: $24,470
- Currently employed: 4,660
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maine Culinary Schools Enrolling Now