Maryland is one of the oldest states in the country. As a result, it has a rich culinary tradition that has been developing for over 200 years. If you love to cook and eat, consider getting a degree from a Maryland culinary school. You will learn to slice, dice, broil, boil, sear, saute, and so much more. Maryland culinary schools offer a comprehensive education in the cooking techniques of the past, present, and future. You will learn from seasoned professionals who have worked in the fast paced restaurants of Baltimore and the DC metro area. Their careful guidance and instruction can turn a dedicated home cook into a an innovative professional chef. The first step is to select the Maryland culinary school that is most convenient for you. Be sure to consider both online and in person degree programs and start your career in the kitchen today.
As a Maryland culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $25,750
- Currently employed: 11,870
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.