Mississippi is considered by many to be the true home of authentic Southern food. And if you ate in one of the state’s hundreds of delicious restaurants, from humble BBQ shacks to gleaming new restaurants, you would be inclined to agree. Southern food was developed in people’s homes but has become a passion for many innovative Southern chefs. If you share this passion, consider attending a Mississippi culinary school. You will learn how to make perfect fried chicken, rich greens, and pillowy biscuits that would make any Southerner proud. Whether you live in Jackson, Biloxi, or somewhere in between, there is a Mississippi culinary school that is convenient to you. And with both online and in person learning options, there is a Mississippi culinary school program that will work with your schedule.
As a Mississippi culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Mississippi:
- Average annual salary: $19,980
- Currently employed: 6,930
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Mississippi Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
At Remington College, we offer a variety of educational programs.
While no reputable school can guarantee employment after graduation, our programs are designed with an emphasis on helping students to prepare for entry-level employment in various career fields.
This combination of traditional teaching methods along with practical classroom experience provides an opportunity for students to apply and practice their knowledge and skills.
Not sure which program is right for you? Remington College understands that choosing a career path can be stressful for some students. That’s why we have admissions staff available to students in order to help them find an area of study that is right for them.
Some programs that may be available in your area:
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Why choose Remington College?
- Small class sizes
- Day or evening classes available in select programs
- Career focused educational programs
- Financial aid available for those who qualify