Mississippi is considered by many to be the true home of authentic Southern food. And if you ate in one of the state’s hundreds of delicious restaurants, from humble BBQ shacks to gleaming new restaurants, you would be inclined to agree. Southern food was developed in people’s homes but has become a passion for many innovative Southern chefs. If you share this passion, consider attending a Mississippi culinary school. You will learn how to make perfect fried chicken, rich greens, and pillowy biscuits that would make any Southerner proud. Whether you live in Jackson, Biloxi, or somewhere in between, there is a Mississippi culinary school that is convenient to you. And with both online and in person learning options, there is a Mississippi culinary school program that will work with your schedule.
As a Mississippi culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Mississippi:
- Average annual salary: $19,980
- Currently employed: 6,930
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Mississippi Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.