Missouri has major cities on both sides of the state and a whole lot of great restaurants in between. If you live in Missouri and are passionate about food, consider attending a Missouri culinary school to get your degree. There are Missouri culinary schools convenient to cities like Kansas City, St. Louis and Springfield. There you will find instructors who have decades of experience working in professional kitchens around the world. No matter what your culinary passion is, you will find support and instruction that you can use in fast paced restaurant kitchens after graduating. Be sure to check if your Missouri culinary school offers online as well as in person classes to make getting your degree fit with your lifestyle.
As a Missouri culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Missouri:
- Average annual salary: $20,790
- Currently employed: 20,800
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Missouri Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.