Montana is famous for its big skies and its iconic ranchers. And with all that hard work going on there are sure to be some big appetites. That is why Montana has so many great restaurants and chefs. If you love experimenting with food, consider getting your degree from a Montana culinary school. Restaurants in places like Helena and Billings are always scouting for new talent to staff the kitchen with skilled new chefs. Your degree from a Montana culinary school will demonstrate to employers that you have the skills, experience, and poise necessary to handle the pressure of a fast paced restaurant kitchen. There are many programs to choose from and tuition assistance may be available. Also, some Montana culinary schools offer both online and in person learning options to help you get your degree.
As a Montana culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Montana:
- Average annual salary: $20,890
- Currently employed: 4,200
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Montana Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.