Nevada is one of the entertainment capitals of the world. Every year millions of tourists from around the globe flock to places like Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe. And to satisfy their appetites there are some of most famous restaurants in the country. Esteemed chefs from around the world have established marquee restaurants in the state. And they staff their kitchens with graduates of Nevada culinary schools. Getting a culinary degree means getting experience with all the recipes and techniques you will need to master in order to work side by side with celebrity chefs. But if you are up for the challenge, a Nevada culinary school has a program that will meet your needs. And with both online and in person degree options available, your new career is closer than ever.
As a Nevada culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Nevada:
- Average annual salary: $29,030
- Currently employed: 16,220
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nevada Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.