New Jersey is one of the most densely populated states in the country. And with all those people living close together there are sure to be lots of restaurants serving every kind of food under the sun. New Jersey has a diverse food culture and an amazing range of eateries. Many of their kitchens are staffed by the graduates of New Jersey culinary schools. They are preparing delicate sauces, airy loaves of bread, and perfectly grilled steaks to satisfy countless happy diners in places like Jersey City, Paramus, and the Tri-State Area. A degree from a New jersey culinary school will teach you everything you need to know to handle yourself in a professional kitchen. You will have the freedom to pursue your interests while also learning the core techniques and recipes. Online as well as in person programs are now available at many New Jersey culinary schools.
As a New Jersey culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in New Jersey:
- Average annual salary: $26,290
- Currently employed: 18,140
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New Jersey Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.