New York is at the leading edge of global food culture. If there is an ingredient, technique, or cooking style that is gaining the attention of chefs, it is being used somewhere in New York. The state is filled with creative chefs thanks to the many excellent New York culinary schools. Every year they graduate hundreds of qualified chefs who take their passions into restaurant kitchens across the state. Whether you live in Long Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Albany, there is a New York culinary school program that will work for you. And with there being so many quality restaurants in the state, you are sure to find work in a kitchen that serves exactly the kind of food you most love. Look into both in person and online courses and start your adventure at a New York culinary school today.
As a New York culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $28,030
- Currently employed: 53,300
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.