From smoky BBQ to delicious fresh seafood, North Carolina has something delicious to offer anyone that is hungry. If you love the local ingredients and recipes of the state, consider getting your degree from a North Carolina culinary school. The instructors who teach there are experts in the recipes that the state is famous for as well and the cuisines of cultures around the world. Your North Carolina culinary school eduction will prepare you to work in the elite restaurants of Raleigh and Charlotte. You can begin to make your mark on the local scene and introduce your inspired interpretations to ambitious dinners around the state. North Carolina culinary schools now offer online learning to supplement the in person classroom so get started on your new career today.
As a North Carolina culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in North Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $21,790
- Currently employed: 28,750
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
North Carolina Culinary Schools Enrolling Now