As the wind sweeps across the plains of North Dakota it passes over a uprising number of high quality restaurants. From Fargo to Bismark, innovative chefs are taking the North Dakota restaurant scene by storm. Many of these chefs got their start at a North Dakota culinary school. If you love food and cooking, consider following in their path and getting a degree of your own. As a student at a North Dakota culinary school you will work in professional kitchens with experienced instructors who will provide in-depth training in the culinary arts. You will lean to work with exotic meats, local produce and international cooking techniques. It doesn’t matter where in the state you are because many North Dakota culinary schools have begun to offer online as well as in person classes.
As a North Dakota culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in North Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $21,680
- Currently employed: 2,720
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
North Dakota Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.