In cities like Cleveland, Dayton, and Columbus there are exciting new restaurants opening all the time. Ambitious restauranteurs are bringing creative new dining concepts to the state that are changing the way people think about some of their favorite foods. Join this culinary revolution by getting your degree from an Ohio culinary school. Whether you want to make elaborate cakes or cook only with local produce, there is an Ohio culinary school program that will reflect your passion. With your degree in hand you will be able to go out and make your own mark on the state’s dining scene. But the first step is to get your education. When you are researching Ohio culinary schools, be sure to look into both online and in person degree options.
As an Ohio culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $20,870
- Currently employed: 31,580
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.