Oklahoma produces some of the finest beef in the country. But that is just one of the ingredients that shows up on the menu of some very prestigious Oklahoma restaurants. Across the state the graduates of Oklahoma culinary schools are using the skills they have gained to delight restaurant visitors. If you love the feeling of working in a fast paced kitchen, consider getting your degree from an Oklahoma culinary school. In places like Oklahoma City and Tulsa, students are learning to identify the best ingredients, prepare them in precise ways, and transform them into delicious dishes. The education they receive prepares them to work in any kind of kitchen. When you are selecting an Oklahoma culinary school, be sure to consider both online and in person classroom options.
As an Oklahoma culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Oklahoma:
- Average annual salary: $20,590
- Currently employed: 11,250
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oklahoma Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.