It rains a lot in Oregon, but people can console themselves from the gloomy weather by sampling some of the state’s delicious food. From food trucks to fancy modern restaurants, Oregon has something to satisfy any appetite. Much of this diversity is due to the high quality of Oregon culinary schools. They produce exceptional chefs who are poised to change the way that diners feel about food. If you have a similar passion, consider attending an Oregon culinary school. In places like Portland, Eugene and Salem, students are learning to work with local ingredients and prepare them in artful ways. Once they graduate their skills will be in demand across the state. Start your degree at an Oregon culinary school today and be sure to look into in person and online classroom options.
As an Oregon culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Oregon:
- Average annual salary: $24,570
- Currently employed: 15,980
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oregon Culinary Schools Enrolling Now