Big things are happening on the Pennsylvania restaurant scene. In places like Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, forward thinking chefs are opening up restaurants that are getting national attention. Many of these chefs received training at a Pennsylvania culinary school. If you love food as well, get your degree in culinary arts and start working in a restaurant. At a Pennsylvania culinary school you will work with dedicated instructors that are experts in all the techniques you will use as a chef. In just a short amount of time you will be qualified to work in some of the state’s most prestigious restaurants. With both online and in person degree options available, now is the time to get your degree from a Pennsylvania culinary school.
As a Pennsylvania culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Pennsylvania:
- Average annual salary: $25,810
- Currently employed: 31,860
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Pennsylvania Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.