South Dakota may not have a huge population but that doesn’t mean that there are not a lot of sophisticated appetites in the state. From classic French dishes to inspired takes on Italian cuisine, South Dakota has a lot to offer from its many restaurants. In order to maintain a high standard, restaurants rely on graduates from South Dakota culinary schools. They graduate with all the skills and experience they need to work as professional chefs. South Dakota culinary schools offer classes in everything from baking, to grilling, to sauce making. With easy access to Black Hills, Sioux Falls, Pierre, and Sturgis, it is more convenient than ever to attend a South Dakota culinary school. Consider both online and in person learning options and start your new career today.
As a South Dakota culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in South Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $22,880
- Currently employed: 1,730
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
South Dakota Culinary Schools Enrolling Now