Tennessee is famous for BBQ but that is not the only exceptional cuisine on display in the state. Exciting restaurants opening in places like Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville are cooking up inspired takes on classic dishes from around the world. Much of their creativity comes from their time spent at Tennessee culinary schools. If you have ever dreamed of being a chef, consider starting your degree today. Classes are always forming and there is a Tennessee culinary school program to fit your schedule. When you graduate you will be ready to work in a professional kitchen no matter what style of food you like to make. As you are considering your options, look into both online and in person classroom choices available now at many Tennessee culinary schools.
As a Tennessee culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $21,420
- Currently employed: 18,180
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Tennessee Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
At Remington College, we offer a variety of educational programs.
While no reputable school can guarantee employment after graduation, our programs are designed with an emphasis on helping students to prepare for entry-level employment in various career fields.
This combination of traditional teaching methods along with practical classroom experience provides an opportunity for students to apply and practice their knowledge and skills.
Not sure which program is right for you? Remington College understands that choosing a career path can be stressful for some students. That’s why we have admissions staff available to students in order to help them find an area of study that is right for them.
Some programs that may be available in your area:
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Why choose Remington College?
- Small class sizes
- Day or evening classes available in select programs
- Career focused educational programs
- Financial aid available for those who qualify