Texas is one of the biggest and most diverse states in the country. With so much land and so many diverse culinary influences, the state is filled with amazing restaurants. Many of the most ambitious chefs in the state are graduates of Texas culinary schools. If you live in Texas and dream of transforming simple ingredients into amazing dishes, consider a Texas culinary school degree of your own. In places like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio there are comprehensive culinary programs that will give you all the experience you need to start making inspired creations of your own. Whether you want to make spicy BBQ or classic French cuisine, there is a Texas culinary school program that is right for you. And to accommodate students around the state, many schools have begun offing online and in person learning options.
As a Texas culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Texas:
- Average annual salary: $19,930
- Currently employed: 76,380
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Texas Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.