The people of Utah escape the snowy winters by warming up in one of the state’s cozy restaurants. A warm bowl of soup and a crusty piece of bread is the perfect antidote to the wet and cold. If you love to delight people with food, get your degree from a Utah culinary school. There are a number of program options and your degree will prepare you to work in any restaurant in the state. The first step to a exciting new career is to choose a Utah culinary school. You will work with experienced instructors and be surrounded by ambitious young chefs. Whether you live in Salt Lake City, Provo, West Valley City or somewhere in between there is a Utah culinary school that is convenient to you. Plus, online and in person leaning environments make it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule.
As a Utah culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Utah:
- Average annual salary: $22,290
- Currently employed: 7,600
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Utah Culinary Schools Enrolling Now