With so many important people in Washington D.C is is inevitable that there are a number of nice restaurants and catering companies. Entertaining a foreign head of state requires the finest of everything. The movers and the shaker rely on the graduates of Washington D.C culinary schools to impress their important guests. Graduates will have all the skills they need to work in the fast paced, high pressure kitchens of some of Washington D.C.’s most famous restaurants. The curriculum will touch on everything from making premium pastries to crafting delectable sauces. Whatever your culinary passion, there is a Washington D.C culinary school to support it. Find your program today and consider the online and in person classroom options available at many Washington D.C. culinary schools.
As a Washington DC culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $28,060
- Currently employed: 4,780
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Culinary Schools Enrolling Now