There are few places with as vibrant a culinary community as Washington. Organic vegetables, exotic meats, and adventurous eaters can be found everywhere. In order to respond to the demand for innovative, interesting food, a whole generation of chefs has begun opening up inspired restaurants around the state. And many of them are graduates of Washington culinary schools. If you have a passion for food, consider getting your degree from a Washington culinary school too. Cities like Seattle, Spokane, and Vancouver have amazing programs available to any aspiring chef. You will learn everything you need to start impressing restaurant customers with high expectations. Many Washington culinary schools offer both online and in person learning opportunities to make it easy to fit your studies into your schedule.
As a Washington culinary professional, you will:
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
Some career figures for culinary professionals in Washington:
- Average annual salary: $25,850
- Currently employed: 24,070
- Employment outlook: 13% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington Culinary Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.